Ketogenic Fat Balls
PREP Time: 15 minutes, TOTAL Time: 15 minutes, SERVINGS: 16 balls
- 1.5 cups raw nuts see note*
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup nut or seed butter of choice see note**
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs optional
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup see note***
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add the raw nuts to food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process until a thick paste has formed. The dough should be sticky.
- Roll the fat ball mixture into 16 to 20 balls. Store in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator or freezer (balls thaw quickly, so I store mine in the freezer).
*Suggested 1 cup raw almonds and ½ cup macadamia nuts, but any combination works.
**If you keep a paleo diet, use sunflower butter and avoid using peanut butter
***Use a zero-sugar sweetener such as Erythritol, monk fruit sweetener, or xylitol to make these a completely sugar-free ball for a ketogenic diet. If a ketogenic diet isn’t the goal, increase the amount of pure maple syrup to up to 5 tablespoons for a sweeter ball.